Translate

28 January 2014

Mess With The Lion...

Wow! Keeping up with a blog is a lot of work! I'm not starting off the weekly trend very well. Whoops.

Well, let me start off by saying my mom and I have both signed my lease for next school year, and the place is awesome! It is over 1,500 square feet with a swimming pool, tanning bed, gym, club room, gated, stainless steel appliances, master bath and bedroom, furnished, and it isn't even finished being built!! Plus it is less than a mile from campus and on the bus route. I am so excited to move in!

The weather here in Finland has shocked me. At the beginning of the week, highs were about -3F to 0F, but by the end of the week, the highs were up to 25-28F. Unfortunately, that means the snow has begun to melt and the ice is back. I have slipped a couple of times, but luckily, I never fell.

Oh! I found out that instead of working 6 weeks with 6 different camps next summer, I will be working 3 weeks with 6 different camps! :) It's the same amount of hours crammed into 3 weeks. That gives me more time to work at my other job.

So I don't know if anybody reading this remembers City Rally last semester, but this semester we ROCKED IT!! My team, Perkele, tied for first for the event! The prize was a bottle of champagne - my favorite drink. And my group was a lot bigger than last semester with a whopping 17 people! At points during the event, we did get naked, and it was really cold outside. Haha.

This past weekend, I participated in two dinner parties and had lots of fun at both. The first one was in my building at my friend's flat upstairs. :) We laughed and joked and ate and drank and all had a spectacular time. After the dinner party, we went to the toga party hosted at my flat, but I'll discuss that later. The second dinner party took place at my other friend's flat in Otokylä. When I went inside of this flat, I was instantly reminded of Graham-Hewlet back home. They look sooooooo much alike. The only exception being the one here has an enormous sauna that gets really hot and burns your skin. It was awesome! At this dinner party, I had the privilege of trying delicious Hungarian foods.

About the toga party. There were a ton of people there. I would guesstimate 130. I am still editing pictures from that night because I was the unannounced photographer and took many pictures. The night was full of emotions and drunk people. Club 16 is out and Club T is in. We are the new student dorm hotspot for the semester, and I still don't know how I feel about that. There is one thing I must say. If you're going to come to a party in my building and on my floor, you better respect me. I told this guy who was smoking inside to take it outside or discard the cigarette. He rolled his eyes at me and gave the smoker to another guy of the same nationality. I will not mention what this nationality is. Since they were by the window, I said fine and opened the window. The wind was so strong it blew the cig out of his hand, and I proceeded to smother it out with my foot. Disrespect me again, I dare you. Of course they got upset and left. Good riddens.

You'll notice there aren't pictures in the post. That is because I cannot decide which ones to put in, haha. Anyways, that is pretty much it for this past week. :) I hope this week goes really well! I am making my way down to Helsinki to visit my friend for the weekend! XD

Nähdään,

Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment